Important Notice - September 10, 2012
- PLEASE report any type of Crime or Suspicious Activity to the Police. Record licence plates, descriptions of individuals or vehicles. We need to know what is going on in our Communities, no matter how big or small.
- Activate your Alarm System on your House or Vehicle, should you have one.
- Lock your Garage or Shed!
- Do not leave Bicycles, ATVs, Tools and the like, outside and unlocked.
- Install Motion/Sensor Lights outside. Better yet, leave on an outside light overnight.
- Trim any large Hedges or Bushes to avoid concealment of a suspect.
- We do not recommend leaving ANYTHING in your vehicles overnight! Not even in the trunk.....
- Lock your car doors! If you choose to leave them unlocked, do not leave anything inside for the taking. Thieves will break in for a small amount of change!
- Consider joining the Citizens on Patrol. Be Proactive and help make our Communities Safer!!!
Constable Susan Camus
Tantallon Community Police Officer
November 29, 2011
RCMP received a report of a Break and Enter at a residence on Diana Drive in Hammonds Plains. Suspects entered the residence through a back window. A television and other electronics were stolen. A short time later, at approximately 1:00 PM, RCMP received a report of a similar theft on Tattenham Crescent in Hammonds Plains. Thieves stole televisions, video games, a computer, and jewelry.
Police are asking anyone with information about this or any other incident to come forward. People are asked to contact any RCMP office, Halifax Regional Police, or Crime Stoppers anonymously anytime at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by Secure Web Tips at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca. Calls to Crime Stoppers are not taped or traced. If police make an arrest and lay charges based on a tip, callers qualify for a cash award from $50 - $2000.
Please consider attending the RCMP Town Hall Meeting on Wednesday, November 16th at 7pm at St Margaret's Centre.
Halifax District RCMP
(902)826-3101 - office
(902)826-3110 - fax
Be on the Lookout For - Reported April 12, 2011
In Maplewood a caller reported that at 11am two olfer male teens knocked on thei homeowners doors...one teen was at the back door and the other was at the front. When one of the homeowners who looked out of the window was seen by one of the males, the suspects ran to a black older model car. There were two other people observed to be waiting in the car. This appears to be a B&E waiting to happen. Please keep in mind during patrols.